If you've never come into contact with prospect research before, you may be wondering if it's something your organization even needs. These days, most fundraisers are pretty comfortable searching on the web to find answers to their questions and may be confident they are finding enough. But is it enough? Could your fundraising use the extra "oomph" of prospect research?
Revealing how you can transform your organization, Prospect Research for Fundraisers explores this influential tool and its power to catapult your fundraising efforts from "just getting by" to substantially succeeding.
Renowned prospect research leaders Jennifer Filla and Helen Brown reveal the many ways research can be used today and the cutting-edge tools that will lead prospect research and fundraising into the future. Packed with case studies, interviews, and helpful tips, this essential handbook lays out the basic information you need at your fingertips.
In this book, you'll learn how to use research techniques to make informed decisions on questions, including:
- Who are our best donors?
- Do we have enough donors and prospects to reach our campaign goal?
- What is the best way to engage that donor?
- Where else is our prospect involved?
- Is this company a good corporate citizen and potential partner for us?
- What size gift should I ask for?
- Which trusts and foundations support organizations like ours?
- Which of our donors are good prospects for planned giving?
If you're curious about how prospect research can boost your fundraising big time this book is for you.
Prospect Research for Fundraisers clearly lays out what prospect research is, when you need it, and how to support its efforts within your organization.
Authors: Jennifer J. Filla & Helen E. Brown
Publish Date: April 1, 2013