In Managing at the Leading Edge, United Kingdom's nonprofit expert Mike Hudson (a modern-day Alexis de Tocqueville) offers an outsider-looking-in guide to the management and governance of nonprofits in the United States.
In this important book, he tackles three major questions:
What are the leading-edge approaches to managing nonprofit organizations?
What should managers and board members be doing differently to enhance the performance of their organizations?
How can the impact of the nonprofit sector be significantly increased?
Basing his interviews on face-to-face interviews with leading nonprofit CEOs, consultants, academics, and senior managers, Hudson shows what does and does not work in nonprofit organizations. He then distills the best practices from these organizations into practical advice and guidance. Managing at the Leading Edge presents Hudson's thought-provoking, proven-in-practice agenda and shows nonprofit leaders how to:
- Build capacity within their organizations
- Manage organizational performance
- Create strategic alliances, both within and outside the nonprofit sector
- Make the most of changing patterns of funding
- Develop effective, mission-focused leadership
- Strengthen governance and board performance
Author: Mike Hudson
ISBN Number: 9780787978068
Publish Date: May 19, 2005
Publisher: Jossey-Bass; 1 edition