Most fundraising programs do a stellar job of finding donors, but keeping them is another matter: most new donors do not return after their first gift. These lost donors represent major lost potential—for an organization's annual giving program, capital campaign efforts, and major and planned gifts.
Keep Your Donors: The Guide to Better Communications and Stronger Relationships, written by fundraising experts Tom Ahern and Simone Joyaux, is a new, winning guide to making disappointing donor retention rates a thing of the past. For the first time in one book, nonprofit professionals will find an in-depth analysis of the two things that matter most to long-term fundraising success: relationship building at all levels of the organization and a thorough look at effective fundraising communications. This practical and provocative book shows nonprofit professionals how to:
- Master the strategies and tactics that make fundraising communications profitable
- Create a "culture of philanthropy"
- Apply hard-core marketing principles to fundraising
- Understand the most complete discussion of emotional triggers ever written and the science behind them
- Create plans for relationship-building and donor communications
- Build a truly "donor-centered" program
- Write a case for support
- Measure effectiveness...and much more
This book was written for all fund development professionals who want outstanding results. Those seeking their CFRE credential will find it doubly helpful. The authors based their work in part on the CFRE and AFP job analyses, which document the roles, knowledge, and competencies required for effective fund development.
Enthusiastic, readable, and filled with case studies, Keep Your Donors is the definitive guide to getting new donors—and keeping them—for many years to come.
Authors: Tom Ahern and Simone Joyaux
ISBN Number: 9780470080399
Publish Date: November 27, 2007
Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition