Author: L. Michelle Tullier, Ph.D.
ISBN Number: 9780764574139
Publish Date: January 28, 2005
Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition
The inside scoop . . . for when you want more than the official line
Today's job market is more competitive than ever. How can you distinguish yourself from the competition and get the job you really want? The Unofficial Guide® to Landing a Job walks both new and veteran job hunters through every aspect of landing a great position, from understanding how hiring decisions are made to evaluating and negotiating offers—and everything in between.
Whether you're new to the job market, changing careers, or seeking a new position after a layoff or termination, this all-inclusive guide covers all the bases—from defining your niche and writing your résumé to developing top-notch communication skills, researching potential employers, and even bouncing back from rejection. Packed with up-to-date information and tips and tricks you won't find anywhere else, it delivers all the know-how you need to make yourself the top candidate, knock 'em dead in the interview—and get hired!
- Vital Information on hiring decisions that other sources don't reveal.
- Insider Secrets on what employers are looking for, avoiding the biggest résumé mistakes, and negotiating the best offer.
- Time-Saving Tips on getting organized, developing a job-search strategy, and preparing powerful self-marketing tools.
- The Latest Trends in finding a job, from the advertised and hidden marketplaces to networking, recruiters, and using the Internet.
- Handy Checklists and Charts to help you prepare for an interview, clinch the deal, and manage your career.