Author: Bruce R. Hopkins
ISBN Number: 9780471680000
Publish Date: September 13, 2004
Publisher: Wiley; 4 edition
The essential resource for nonprofit success
For everyone from nonprofit novices to sophisticated directors of established organizations, this expert guide to nonprofit law provides all the critical information and know-how executives and other leaders need to succeed, thrive, and protect any nonprofitís tax-exempt status. Written by Bruce Hopkins, the countryís leading legal authority in the field, this Fourth Edition of Starting and Managing a Nonprofit Organization: A Legal Guide covers the breadth of legal aspects of starting and operating a nonprofit organization. This latest editionís revisions include updated material on changes in laws, rules, and regulations governing the nonprofit sector.
Starting and Managing a Nonprofit Organization: A Legal Guide, Fourth Edition provides:
- Practical guidance on the rules and regulations governing nonprofit organizations, including corporate, tax, and fundraising law applications and implications
- Up-to-date information on reporting revenue, private benefit, intermediate sanctions, supporting organizations, and the commerciality doctrine
- New material on advocacy communications by exempt organizations, the political organizationís notice and reporting requirements, and the use by exempt organizations of limited liability companies
- Insight into the newly emerging law concerning involvement of exempt organizations in joint ventures
- Checklists, step-by-step guidance to procedures, and a glossary of legal terms for fail-safe compliance
Written by a lawyer for non-lawyers, this easy-to-read book is an invaluable resource for nonprofit executives and managers, fundraising professionals, trustees, consultants, committed volunteers, and anyone involved in the complex, rewarding world of nonprofit organizations.