|Please Note: Members must create an account within our online bookstore in order to have the membership discount applied.
Fundraising and the Next Generation: Tools for Engaging the Next Generation of Philanthropists, and Website
Author: Emily Davis
ISBN Number: 9781118077023
Publish Date: March 6, 2012
As a savvy fundraising leader, you understand that successful and sustained philanthropy is an issue for all generations. To access every prospective contribution possible, long-term planning and diversified strategies are necessary to allow you to engage younger donors and staff. Packed with worksheets and handouts, Fundraising and the Next Generation brings you up to date on the cases, research, opportunities, and challenges for reaching philanthropy's next generation.
Starting with an introduction to fundraising from multiple generations, in particular Generation X and the Millennials/Generation Y, Fundraising and the Next Generation shows you how to engage your staff and volunteers in conversations about fundraising across the generations and equips you with the tools you need to:
- Use social media as an entry point to new donors
- Ask the hard questions, self-examine, and integrate strategies that will better serve your organization's mission for long-term sustainability
- Give everyone in your organization—not just the board and staff leadership—a voice
- Invite the feedback of your donors, your "junior" staff, and your volunteers
- Go on a listening tour to pinpoint your organizational strengths and weaknesses
- Gain insight into the motivations and opinions of next-generation givers to help expand the focus of your fundraising efforts
- Explore how your organization can better use the next generation of volunteers to support the mission of your organization
Multigenerational prospecting, cultivation, and stewardship is a process; it doesn't come simply because you clicked a button, conducted a happy hour, or invited one young person onto your organization's board of directors. Now you can discover practical strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of Gen X and Y philanthropists using the new technologies and traditional tools found in Fundraising and the Next Generation.