|Please Note: Members must create an account within our online bookstore in order to have the membership discount applied.
Fired Up Fundraising: Turn Board Passion into Action
Author: Gail A. Perry, CFRE
ISBN Number: 9780470116630
Publish Date: March 23, 2007
Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition
Turn Board Passion into Action
What goes on in the minds of dedicated board members when the word "fundraising" is mentioned? Why does their excitement for the cause suddenly disappear when they are confronted with even the idea of fundraising? Fired-Up Fundraising: Turn Board Passion into Action enthusiastically lays out a clear series of steps that help you introduce your board to a new perspective on fundraising. Straightforward in tone and filled with simple tips to put into practice, this insightful book shows you how to create engaged, passionate board members actively involved in supporting fundraising, and even enjoying it!
Written by nonprofit authority Gail Perry, Fired-Up Fundraising: Turn Board Passion into Action presents Passion-Driven Fundraising—fundraising that engages board members, leads change, and achieves unprecedented results for your organization. How will Fired-Up Fundraising: Turn Board Passion into Action revolutionize the way your organization sees fundraising? This seminal book:
- Renews readers' passion for the change they want their nonprofit to make in the world
- Discusses proper selection of board members and the establishment of clear, early expectations
- Clearly walks you through the process of creating a fundraising board
- Introduces a system of clear and workable steps to fire up your board and turn them into the "Dream Team" you want
- Includes examples of easy ways for board members to get involved in fundraising as well as sample board commitment letters
- Provides a special chapter presenting all of the book's exercises for your use as a powerful retreat designed to motivate, inspire, and empower board members
Encouraging readers to rediscover their vision and passion in their organization and work, Fired-Up Fundraising: Turn Board Passion into Action uniquely activates you to introduce reluctant board members to fundraising in ways that make them feel comfortable. Readable and enthusiastic, this book will get you—and your board members—fired up about raising money and becoming more productive fundraisers.